Title: Childcare Provider / Nursery Attendant
Reports: Senior Minister and Personnel Chair
The purpose of this position is to provide safe, secure, nurturing, and efficient care to the children of this church, primarily for Sunday morning services, but also for an evening service on the 1st Thursday of each month as well as special services scheduled throughout the year. Responsibilities include interacting with children of all ages (birth – school age), directing their play, exhibiting patience, kindness, and professionalism.
All staff will be expected to abide by all applicable policies and procedures as detailed in bylaws and policies and procedures of Erlanger Christian Church, as well as any applicable local, State, or Federal laws.
Required Availability and Compensation:
Position available ASAP or with flexibility upon applicant’s available start date.
– Every Sunday from 10 a.m. – Noon: $40/week for Sunday service
– 2nd Thursday of the month, 7:15-8:45 p.m.: $30/per Thursday evening service
– Special Holiday Services throughout the church calendar year: including, but not limited to: Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, etc. All special service needs and compensation will be agreed upon with supervisor in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Arrive on time and prepare the nursery space to receive children.
• Oversee the check-in process, interact with parents, label and organize children’s belongings.
• Be attentive to each child’s diapering and bathroom needs.
• Interact with all children in nursery care, directing their play to age appropriate and safe activities.
• Oversee the check-out process, releasing children to appropriate guardians.
• Clean and straighten the room after the children leave.
• Report any concerns or ideas for improvement to the Personnel Committee Chair.
• Be communicative and timely in regards to work availability and conflicts. Unexcused or untimely absences will not be tolerated and will be grounds for termination.
Prerequisites and other application requirements:
Background Check Required, References Required, Experience Preferred; please submit resume (including at least 3 references) with application. CPR/1st Aid certification required or the flexibility to complete a class provided by the church.
Resumes and References should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Erlanger Christian Church, 27 Graves Ave., Erlanger, KY 41018